When I started to paint my nails today, this is definitely not what I had in mind, it requires a little bit of technique and a load of patience!
Remember when ombre nails were just the in thing, everybody had them, there were heaps of tutorials on it and it was and still is, pretty awesome looking.
I thought I’d give my own spin on pink ombre nails and show you all how I did mine.
First you’re going to need:
- nail polish remover
- cotton tips
- 3 nail polishes of different shades (I’m also using an extra polish for added sparkle)
- a beauty sponge
- base coat and top coat
- one sheet of paper towel
Today I am using China Glaze FLIP FLOP FANTASY as the base colour and Natio nail colour in WONDER and Revlon parfumerie scented nail enamel in AFRICAN TEA ROSE to achieve the ombre look.
- Paint your nails in your base colour and allow to dry (make sure this is the lightest shade or colour out of your three polishes)
- Place two lines of polish onto beauty wedge
- Dab the beauty sponge onto the tip of nails using a gentle pressure and dab until no harsh lines can be seen or to your liking
That was pretty much all I did, cleaned up the skin around my nails and then placed OPI PINK YET LAVENDER glitter polish over the ombre to give it more sparkle.
- Apply top coat and you’re done
It was a lot easier than I thought it would be to do and I thought I did pretty okay for my first try, here’s the end result..
Hope you guys enjoyed this post and until next time..
P.S Instagram me here..
P.S.S Twitter at me here..