Avid tea drinkers will understand that you can probably spend a good 20 minutes or so in the tea aisle at your local supermarket because if you have seen all the selection of teas on those shelves, it’s just crazy.
I remember the first cup of tea I had when I was 16 years old and it was the best ever English Breakfast tea to touch my tongue. Ever since then I started drinking black teas, eventually switched to Earl Grey teas and then threw in some green teas and a few years later and through some bad tea tasting trials, I have listed my top 5 favourite teas.
- Green Tea – I love the cup out of green teas, caffeinated, decaffeinated, I love them so much. Green teas have always been my go to drink when I’ve had food that was oily or really fatty and that maybe I shouldn’t of eaten, it works perfect because green teas are great antioxidants, it has heaps of good health benefits and I am sure you have come across somebody who has something to say about green tea. Also, green teas are actually only effective if you are drinking them with your meal, so not after or before, but during your meal. When one of my lecturers told me that, I was so shocked and just thought, wow, this whole time I’ve been drinking green tea and I didn’t even know
- Earl Grey – This is actually my go to tea drink in the mornings or as an afternoon tea that replaces the days I don’t exactly want a coffee, which is rare, but it happens. I love the Bergamot flavour in an Earl Grey, it gives it a little bit of a smoky flavour and the smell of it to me is so soothing and warm. I always add some honey and milk with this great creation.
- Peppermint Tea – Ladies, you will know what I mean when I say, bloating! You are going to want to drink the litres out of peppermint tea, because this is a fantastic tea for those times of the months when you’re tummy is feeling a little bit gassy, it’s going to help relieve that gas if you know what I mean, and also a great freshen your breath tea.
- Chamomile Tea – The tea that makes me go either a little bit crazy or really sleepy. Weird. I’m not kidding you, whenever I have chamomile tea, I either get hyper, as in I find little things really funny, or it sets me in the mood for bed time, but whenever I have chamomile tea, my sleeps are so awesome. I like to have this tea 2 hours before bedtime, so I don’t wake up to go to the bathroom during the night.
- Lemon & Ginger Tea – The best drink ever when you are feeling sick or about to get sick. The lemon, the ginger, it’s pretty much self explanatory, but if you want to read more about this amazing lemon and ginger I am talking about, have a read of my previous post, here.
Let me know some of the teas you like to drink and why, maybe you just really like it for no reason. I once tried Dandelion Tea, it can be so good for so many reasons, but that is one bitter tea, I couldn’t finish it.
Have an amazing day everyone, or what’s left of it, don’t forget to check out my instagram and twitter for all that picture loving, rant going craziness in my life. Also, welcome to the newest of new baby followers, HI!! (I’m waving!)