Just as important as the morning routine, but with some extra steps that I include.
No matter how tired I am and how much my bed is calling to me after a long day, I can’t stand the thought of not washing my face and if I don’t, can you imagine how much dirt and sweat and gross will be on my pillow?
I choose to wash my face separately rather than in the shower, but in saying that, I do always take off my makeup first with either a baby wipe and some eye makeup remover then hop into the shower.
I wash my face half an hour before I head to bed because sometimes all that splashing of the water wakes me up rather than it getting me into a sleepy state.
First thing I like to do is the double cleanse. I start off with a really light cleanser, I use Cetaphil gentle skin cleanser and massage that into my face with some water. I like to use a cleansing pad by Missha to help gently buff away any remaining makeup or dirt that may be stuck in my pores.
After that, the second cleanse consists of a cleanser by Lush called Angels on Bare skin. I love the smell of this cleanser but I also really love how soft it leaves my skin. One of the perks of this cleanser and why I bought it, is because it really gives my skin a nice glow after I’ve used it. I use my hands to really massage that onto my skin.
- On days that I don’t wear makeup, I still do the double cleanse, however I take out the cleansing pad that I use.
I like to exfoliate twice a week because my skin is more on the oilier side especially when a particular time of the month hits, it is sebum (oil) overload. I just like using a hand held exfoliating brush, works just as well with some Cetaphil cleanser to give it some slip and cleanse on the skin.
- Some cleansers actually contain ingredients that exfoliate as well, so they can be perfect for all you people on the go.
The days when I get to use a mask on my face, I just get so happy. For me, I definitely know when I have missed out on a mask session because my skin is screaming what are you doing to me, a.k.a breakout galore. A really quick and easy mask I like to put on is by Lush called Cupcake fresh face mask which just absorbs so much oil and leaves my skin super velvety soft that I need to control myself from touching my face. I like to mask once a week.
- Whenever my skin is really really breaking out, I bring out the big works, and that is my Parrs Thermal Mud Face Pack made naturally from Rotorua Thermal Mud from New Zealand that just works miracles.
After all of that, I use my toner from Lush. Tea tree toner tabs. I will link it here to the morning routine if you would like to read more about it.
Depending on the season, also depends on what type of moisturiser I use. I am currently using the Vanishing Cream facial moisturiser by Lush which is just very light and melts into my skin.
- For those colder nights, dehydration of my skin is a big issue. I love using Benefit total moisture facial cream which is a lot thicker but doesn’t leave a heavy feeling on my skin.
- Once a week I like to switch out my moisturisers for Trilogy Rosehip oil and massage that into my skin. I do this mainly for my acne scars, but also works well for fine lines and wrinkles and evening out the skin.
Lastly, of course I use my Clinique even better eyes dark circle corrector to minimise those dark circles.
After all of that, I am done. I also like to switch out my cleanser every 3 – 4 months so my skin doesn’t get too used to the same thing over and over again, however, the beauty routine still stays the same.
I’d love to hear some products that you guys are using, I’ve heard some pretty great things about the cleansing waters out on the market. Might have to go grab myself one!